Release Notes Connector Selector® Software US
- Version 2019.1.1.0
Add CPTZ series Concealed Post Tie's
Add new WP series hangers to replace various discontinued products
Add new EGQ sereis hangers in Glulam widths
Add new MPB88Z moment post base
Add various 2-11/16 PSL hangers
Add (L)THJA26's on 2x4 bottom chord applications
Update IUS, HTU, SUR & LRU's series hangers to allow short nails on 4x headers
Update STHD foundation end distances
SDS tip loads
correct LTHMA nail quantity
- Version 2018.1.1.0
Double 2x mudsill anchorage
DG, DGB & DGH drywall hangers
APL & APHH decorative hangers
SDS screw names from fraction to new decimal nomenclature
Limits of concealed flange hangers skewed over 45 degrees
ANSI/TPI limits calculation
Adjust rounding to nearest 5 lb method
- Version 2017.1.3.0
ANSI/TPI added 2014 option
APB architectural post bases
UA/HUA ornamental hangers
LSSJ skewable hangers
MPBZ post bases
URFP foundation plates
CB64 column base
PPB66 column base
CCQ84 & 94 column caps
DHU drywall hangers added skew option
WMU masonry hangers with uplift
MASA, added 8X and 10X sill sizes
MASB, updated loads
MAB, added 8X and 10X sill sizes
SSTB, updated CMU loads
HDU11, updated loads
LTT19, added 2x6 stud
HD5B, added 2x loads
AB series post bases, updated various dimensions and loads
B, BA & ITS added steel header option
H ties, ETA, LGT, VGT various table updates
LGT/VGT added lateral loads
- Version 2016.1.1
Add 4x nailers in Hem Fir
Added new Hem Fir joist and header sizes.
Fix Glulam 5.5x22. Was listed twice while no 22.5 available. Same 5.5x20.625.
Allow HGLTV’s on multi-ply LVL headers. New testing proved application.
Updated B series specials allowable loads
Updated LSSU loads when installed with SD screws.
Adjusted hanger dimensions used for double floor trusses
Set expiration warnings to only start after March 31 one year after release, and expiration stop-working to only happen March 31’s 3 years after release.
Remove PC Series (replaced by PCZ series)
Removed 2x nailers 2x14 and larger.
- Version 2015.2.4
23-7/8 depth LVL
UA/HUA variable width hangers
- Version 2015.1.1
PCZ series post caps
JBA and LBAZ solid sawn joist hangers
ABU's in Rough sizes
HTT5 designed for 3/4" anchor
CC 84 & 94
SDWC screw as a hurricane tie
Post & Column Bases cracked concrete capability
MIT's now work on 3x ledgers
W series on skewed floor trusses now get the "Type B" nomenclature added to the specials callout
LRU now slopes to 49 degrees
LRU updated uplift loads and installed cost
THASR/L now skews to 84 degrees
PF series, updated loads
ITS, added optional uplift loads
THGQH updated fastener quantities & Loads
HTHMQ, update screw lengths
EGQ series now skewable
Adjust minimum slope and skew limits for specials on various hangers
Expand footing width selection to accommodate large PAB series anchors
GLTV, updated LVL and LSL loads
SUR/L series now allows up to 50 degree skews
New I-Joist size 2-9/16 x 9-1/2
Unused Glulam sizes
Obsolete HIT35 models
- Version 2014.1.1
- Added new DU,DHU,DHUTF series drywall hangers
- Expanded selection of hangers rated for use with SD9 & SD10 screws.
- Added new PFB series post frame hangers
- Added new KBS1Z knee brace stabilizer
- Added new PPB porch post bases
- Expanded selection of girder ply's available to THGQ series.
- Added a "Style" filter for showing only screw attached hangers
- Adjusted skew limits on HUC concealed flange hangers
- Expanded selection of hangers available for sheathed or drywall covered stud walls, including gaps.
- Version 2013.0.2
- Added HTHMQ
- Added HTHGQ & 5 ply trusses
- Added THGQ SCL sizes
- Added HHSUQ
- Added ABU5-5, 5-6 & 10
- Added CB612
- Added HHGU11
- Added HGLT7.12
- Added H10A-2
- Added HDU14, 4x6 loads
- Updated HDC loads
- Updated STHD loads
- Updated WPU & HWU uplift loads
- Updated HHB and GLT series loads
- Updated LSU26 loads
- Updated LBV, DF 16d loads
- Updated GLTV uplift loads
- Added EGQ DF loads
- Updated THJU26 loads
- Added H10A sloped application
- Added Walls as a header type
- Added ability to manually enter models into the job list
- Updated LRU pricing so it sorts correctly.
- Version 2012.3.1
- Stock List updated to work with Windows 7
- Version 2012.2.1
- Now accepts a Dead Load-only at LDF of 90%.
- Version 2012.1.1
- Installed Cost Index updates on the LIU series hangers.
- Version 2012.1.0
- Simpson Strong-Tie® models that were added to the Connector Selector
- Hinge connectors for 5-1/2" wide beams; LRU slopable hangers; H10A-2 hurricane tie; ABW post bases including rough sizes; MTHMQ multi seat truss hangers; EG, MEG, LEG Bolted glulam hangers
- DTT's changed from 5/8" to 1/2" anchor
- Added W and B info to THGB truss hanger results
- HTU's now work on EWP headers
- Limit skews on HUC's to lesser of 45 degrees or when inside nail holes get blocked
- Added Hem Fir as a header type
- Set ANSI/TPI2007 as default truss design
- Version 2011.2.3
- Added a Hinge Connector tab: glulam hinge connectors can now be selected based on download & lateral loads.
- Version 2011.0.2
- Added cracked concrete and Seismic design categories to MASA, SSTB, SB and STHD anchors.
- Added link from Holdown tab to new Anchorage tab. Link pre-populates many of the Anchorage questions with Holdown information; Added PAB series anchor bolts. These now give anchorage choices above 1" diameter; Added CC4.62 size Column Caps; Added Skew options to LGU,MGU,HGU series; Added HDB series holdowns; Added CB610; Added LTA2; Added TSP; Removed anchor bolts from Holdown tab and gave them their own Anchorage tab.
- Removed discontinued products
- Changed web stiffener requirements.
- Update loads & products per changes in the 2011 catalog
- Version 2010.4.5
- Allowed for point loads to be applied for SDW screws in the "Ply Join section."; Lowered the allowable loads for the MIT hangers when used with 2-1/4" and 2-5/16" wide I-joists.
- Version 2010.4.1
- LBV series hangers have had their uplift loads restored. An error was causing many of them to show 0 uplift.; SDW series screws have been added to the Ply Join section.; Ply Join section has been changed to show "tip" loading.
- Loads increased on some narrow sizes of double shear hanger due to a change in code calculation requirements.
- Version 2010.1.2
- New Products:
- MBHU Masonry beam hanger; CCQM Masonry column cap
- New Applications:
- Added many hangers and connectors for use with SD9 and SD10 screws; Added Southern Pine species to Post Base applications; Added Hem Fir species to holdowns
- Limited HTT4&5 holdowns to minimum 3" thick stud; Limited META, HETA and HHETA Lateral loads for double installations on single ply trusses to single installation values.*
- Added missing 22 and 24" LVL joists and headers
- * A reduction in the allowable lateral load for the META, HETA, HHETA double installation according to table footnote 6 on p. 145 of the C-2009 catalog was not being applied by the program between March 2008 and this release. The note limits lateral loads for double straps installed on a single ply truss to no more than the corresponding single strap loads on the previous page
- Removed ITT & IUT composite joist hangers. Replaced by ITS and IUS hangers; Removed HTT16 and HTT22 tension ties. Replaced by HTT4 and HTT5 tension ties; Removed MAS mudsill anchors. Replaced by MASA mudsill anchor; Removed CBQ column bases. Replaced by CBSQ column bases.
Connector Selector® Software
US Version: 2019.1.1.0
Category: Wood Connectors
Updated: March 21, 2019
Size: 17 MB
Simpson Strong-Tie® Connector Selector® (Allowable Stress Design) software tells you which products are appropriate for your connection then sorts them by least installed cost. The built-in Job List can track your projects and print a shopping list, including nails! An easy to use stock list identifies which products you keep in stock.
US (Allowable Stress Design) and Canadian (Limit States Design) versions are available. Enter your email address below. For European editions of the Connector Selector software please refer to our European sites.
- Easy to use connector selection software,available free of charge.
- Helps find lowest cost connector.
- Highlights stocked or preferred hangers.
- Joist and header hanger solutions for commonly used Solid Sawn lumber,I-joists,SCL,Glulam and trusses. Wood species and masonry type considered during selection process.
- Automatically applies connector load adjustment factors for modifications (i.e. slopes,skews,etc.) and specifies proper model numbers for easy order placement.
- Regular upgrades posted on our website for easy downloads.
- Linked to the PDF catalog page of selected connector.
- Save or export,print solutions,job files,and material lists. Including total fasteners required.
- Minimum system requirements:Windows 95 or higher and Internet Explorer 5 or higher.
PC with a Pentium 50 MHz or higher processor
Microsoft Windows® 95 or later operating system
Our Technical Support Department hours are M–F from 8am–5pm Pacific Time.
In most cases you will receive a response in two business days or less.
Have questions or comments? Please contact us.