Release Notes Strong Frame® Moment Frame Selector Software
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Removed OMF 1-Story Frame Design (Product no longer available)
- Removed OMF 2-Story Frame Design (Product no longer available)
- Removed standard frames for 1-story x 1-bay SMF
- Removed IBC 2009 code
- Updated multistory x multibay lateral load input for each level
- Updated multistory x multibay input fields to allow for up to 6 story x 6 bay input
- Updated multistory x multibay gravity load input graphics to better prompt for user input
- Updated e-mail subject line to include job name
- Added ability to sort Configured Frames
- Added BU12 and BU16 beams options for 2x6 walls
- Fixed bug for extension kit bolt diameter size
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Fixed Anchorage Kit naming for F1554 Gr36 material
- Removed "KT" from anchorage kit names
- Updated Wall thickness filter for 2x6 only, 2x8 only, or 2x10 only.
- Added R value of 3.5 (Cd=3) for SMF design
- Added End Plate Links
- Added W8x67, W12x45, W14x53 and W18x40 columns
- Added W8x48 and BuB9 beams for End plate links
- Version 4.5
- Fixed R-value not saving with file.
- Fixed gravity load copy from previous beams not saving.
- Updated Save and Close button for loading to be more visible.
- Updated Multistory x Multibay loading geometry to shown inch mark.
- Added W14x38 beam to SMF design.
- Added W8x48 and W18x60 columns to SMF design.
- Added Wall thickness filter drop down button to Custom frame geometry design
- Removed X1.25" and X1.5" links for FEMA P807 design
- Version 4.4
- Fixed calculation for Weff for shearlugs for SMF columns.
- Updated PDF output to show pinned base, members ID, lateral load arrow and Lb for beam design.
- Updated Wind Load combination output.
- Updated hover over notes to clearify input fields.
- Updated beam deflection limit input so it's now with the loading input screen.
- Added MultiBay x MultiStory frame Option to gather input, so users can email to SST for evaluation.
- Added "+" for point load input.
- Added Strong column weak link calculations to PDF output.
- Added Steps to SMF calculation to match ESR 2802.
- Added top of column bracing force required for SMF.
- Added minimum nailer bolt required to PDF output.
- Added R=1 and Cd=1 option for OMF.
- Added 0.01 Hx for seismic drift limit.
- Added e-mail link to send in input file when no standard soultions are found.
- Added code report links for both OMF and SMF.
- Added options to have simplified or detailed PDF output files
- Version 4.3
- Fixed bug for FEMA P807 shear tab bolt design
- Fixed PDF output bug for FEMA P807 anchorage design
- Fixed bug for OMF no solution due to height requirements
- Version 4.2
- Fixed Anchorage steel capacities.
- Fixed anchor bolt sizes for C18H and C21H PDF output.
- Fixed MFSL Curb and SOG anchorage output.
- Fixed no solution due to minimum load and geometry.
- Fixed differences between mechanism value for columns in the design summary and anchorage PDF output pages.
- Fixed code references in PDF output.
- Updated W1 to 360" maximum.
- Updated H3 dimension in SMF1 PDF sheet.
- Updated User Manual for FEMA P-807 design
- Added FEMA P-807 deign for standard and custom frames for SMF.
- Added 1.25", 1.5", 1.75" and 2.0" wide links for FEMA P-807 design.
- Added Detailed anchorage PDF output.
- Deleted "To Draw Frame" button due to AutoCAD license access in Windows 7.
- Please see Draw Frame Help file under Resource for elevation drawings in AutoCAD.
- Version 4.1
- Fixed PDF crashing problem for R-Value of 3.0 and Less than 3.0.
- Fixed Simply Beam Support DCR.
- Fixed AutoCAD vba tool for H-link and W12 beams and W16 columns.
- Fixed AutoCAD vba tool for 19' tall frame naming in 1 story OMf frames.
- Updated minimum H1-Hmin dimension for SMF frames.
- Updated H,M and L Design PDF to explain why W16 beam is used for calculation.
- Updated IBC 2012 Wind Load.
- Updated Simply Beam Support PDF output combos and DCR.
- Added Cd to PDF output.
- Version 4.0
- Added SMF 1-story frame design.
- Updated AutoCAD VBA file to include 1-story SMF frames.
- Updated resource files for OMF.
- Added resesource files for SMF.
- Separated Seismic Design Parameters and Wind Latearl Demand Parameters in user interface for better appearance.
- Added IBC 2009 and IBC 2012 to the "Design Code" drop down button.
- Added snow load factor as a User Input under "Load Distribution" tab.
- Added member forces screen to display moment, shear, axial and deflection in beam(s) and column(s).
- Revised Anchorage names to match updated catalog. Renamed OMFSL to MFSL, OMFAB to MFAB.
- Updated anchorage models and extension kit resource pages for C-SF13.
- Updated Notional Load (Ni) for Gravity Load combinations only.
- Revised Foundation forces to show Omega Combination reactions and reactions from Frame Capacity.
- Version 2.3
- Updated "Draw Frame" button to bring up help instruction to draw frame "manually".
- Updated AutoCAD draw frame file to fix beam/column offsets.
- Version 2.2
- Added design for 1-story OMF frames using larger beams and columns.
- Updated AutoCAD Custom draw .dvb file to include larger beams and columns for 1-story frames.
- Addressed issue with PDF output of anchorages forces for combinations 61-64.
- Addressed issue with AutoCAD bolt block file.
- Addressed issue with "A" and "B" input boxes for 2-story frames
- Updated anchorage model naming for C18H and C21H columns
- Version 2.0
- Added design for 2-story OMF frames
- Updated frame analysis verification file to include 2-story frames
- Updated AutoCAD help file to include 2-story frames
- Updated AutoCAD Custom draw .dvb file to include 2-story frames
- Version 1.5
- Added capability to include multiple jobs in one file.
- Added Redundancy factor to Design Criteria
- Added Ductile or Non-Ductile Anchorage drop down to anchorage design
- Updated anchorage screen output and PDF output to show minimum embedment required.
- Updated extension kit naming to be consistent with C-SF10 catalog
- Added 8’ long extension kit for basement/tall Stemwall applications
- Updated analysis engine for faster frame solutions
- Added detail loading to reflect gravity loads graphically.
- Added anchorage models and extension kit C-SF10 pages to Resources
- Added AutoCAD Help file to Resources
- Added Anchorage Verification to Resources
- Version 1.1
- Updated Load combination with SDS.
- Updated Stemwall footing depth.
Strong Frame® Moment Frame Selector Software
US Version: 22.214.171.124
Category: Lateral Systems
Updated: December 20, 2018
The Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong Frame® moment frame selector software is designed to help Designers select an ordinary or special moment frame for your project's given geometry and loading. Only minimum input geometries are required for the software to select an appropriate frame for the available space. Based on input geometry, the Strong Frame selector software will narrow down the available stock frames to a handful of possible solutions. If opening dimensions are outside stock frame sizes, Designers can enter the specific opening dimensions, and the Strong Frame selector will provide possible customized solutions.
Strong Frame Selector Software now includes shallow beams under the SMF solutions.
- Requires only minimal input to help Designers quickly select an appropriate Strong Frame moment frame.
- In addition to our standard frame sizes, the software can analyze and design frames with custom opening dimensions.
- Input screen with drop-down buttons makes it easy to key in design information and loads.
- Software can accommodate uniform, partial uniform, and point loads placed anywhere along the span of the beam.
- Provides output in a concise format, as well as an option for detailed output.
- Provides anchorage design for the selected frame.
The User's Manual (PDF) provides a detailed description of the program capabilities and terminology.
- Microsoft Windows® 2003 or newer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- AutoCAD version 2000® or newer needs to be installed to generate DWG drawings. This feature does not work with AutoCAD LT versions.
Our Technical Support Department hours are M–F from 8am–5pm Pacific Time.
In most cases you will receive a response in two business days or less.
For help, please email OMFSoftwareHelp@strongtie.com.